August has come and gone in a fury, and if I said I'm sad to see it leave, I'd be lying to you. It's been a month of waiting, of sickness, and of readiness to move on. I think our lives have to have those seasons in order to grow us, but I'm looking forward to what's next. My August goals were quite neglected, but for good reason, so there will be no beating myself up over not completing them. All I can do now is smile, be thankful for that month, move on, and make some goals for this month!
August goals were:
Try a new class at the gym.I did Spin once and probably won't ever do it again. Make a new out-of-my-comfort zone recipe.I made a delicious pork loin that was a little intimidating to try--but it turned out amazing! Recipe here.
- Run a mile without stopping. Not even close.
Send 4 snail mail letters to friends.Put them in the mail last week--better late than never :)
- Have photos taken for blog purposes. I actually had an appointment set up with my favorite photog, then the weather didn't cooperate. As in tornado-ish weather, so we chose to postpone.
- Take a few days off of social media. Why is this one so hard for me? I had a day off here and there, but never in a row.
- Host a dinner party in our home. Nope. Planning one as we speak.
- Read 1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I chose to read Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist first, so this one is next.
Have a date night with Andrew.Had quite a few, and they were all just what I needed!
- Start saving for our (hopeful) Italy trip next year. We've been saving well, just need to convince my hubby that Italy is a good goal!
September goals are:
- Have photos taken for blog purposes.
- Try a different class at the gym (NOT spin, for sure.)
- Host a dinner party in our home, as casual or as fancy as I choose.
- Do something that takes me out of my comfort zone.
- Work on my prayer life--less of me, and more of Him.
- Check some Christmas gifts off our list.
- Do something spontaneous.
- Make plans with two friends I want to know better.
- Work on my capsule wardrobe--narrow down my closet to only essential pieces.
- Write. Just write...no guidelines, just do it.
I'm excited about September...we don't have any big plans, but it feels like something good is coming. I'm ready to see what it is! I'm looking forward to a change in the weather; that crisp air seems to just do something to my spirit. What are your goals for the month? Let's keep each other accountable! Xoxo